Accidentally told recruiter wrong information - Should I correct it and make myself look bad?

Career Talk Job Search Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm a junior software developer, only a couple of years out of college. I had a conversation today with a recruiter from a recruiting agency, and he asked me which version of Angular I use.

I only know AngularJS - Which is Angular 1 - But I got mixed up on the spot and told him that I use Angular2.

very amateaur mistake, I know... He sent me information about a potential job that he thinks I'm a good fit for, but I can see clearly in the job description that it's only for Angular2.

Should I send him a note explaining the mixup? We had a great conversation and I feel he might be able to help me land the type of job I'm looking for. However, if it'll make me look very bad, then I'll just make up an excuse for why I'm not interested, and chalk it up as a bad try.

In terms of the job that he told me about, I'm not super confident that it's for me, but at this stage of the game I probably would have proceeded anyways. My main push for telling him about the mistake is that he might have jobs suitable for me which are actually Angular1... But I don't know if it's worth making myself look bad like that.

What should I do in this situation?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Can you learn Angular 2 in a week? If not (like most of us), then I would go with something along the lines of

Hey [recruiter], I really appreciate you taking the time to meet with me the other day and I felt like it was a great conversation. I'm really excited to be working with you! It just came to me that I mistakenly told you I had experience with Angular 2 but what I meant was AngularJS, sorry for any confusion.

I would think of it this way - your recruiter is working for you. He/she is the one trying to find you a job, admitting to your miscommunication may actually build trust in your relationship. And if you handle it well, it will actually show greater maturity that you can own up to your own mistakes and do it well.

Companies are not necessarily always looking for the sharpest guy, they're also looking for someone they want to work with.

And like others may have mentioned, AngularJS and Angular 2+ are completely different frameworks so you really don't want to be wasting time looking for Angular 2 jobs when you really want AngularJS.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community