After applying for a position directly with the company, should I still send a message to the recruiter on LinkedIn?

Career Talk Job Search Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

A recruiter accepted my LinkedIn personal connection request. I put a message there telling him how interested I am in working for the company and how my skills will be a great fit for the position.

He accepted my connection request which allows me to message him directly (If I view my messages on LinkedIn it has an option to send him a message). I have already applied for the position to the generic HR@domainname email address, should I still send my CV directly to the recruiter on LinkedIn via message to reinforce my interest in the position?

Edit: To clarify, I have only sent my CV to the HR general email address, not the recruiter via LinkedIn yet.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

should I still send my CV directly to the recruiter on LinkedIn via message to reinforce my interest in the position?

You say you already conveyed to the recruiter your interest on the company and how you can bring benefit to the company, plus you already sent the CV to them... Stating the same thing again and sending the CV again would be unnecessary and redundant, and could be perceived as insistent or needy.

I suggest you don't write again, unless you feel really compelled to do so. Nor do I suggest sending the CV again, as that would result in a duplicate CV that they will have to go over (basically, wasting their time).

Now, what's left is to wait for the application process to move forward, and see if this specific application yields an interview.

Meanwhile, keep your options open and continue job-hunting and applying to other companies you are interested in.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community