How to reach out to company that previously offered me a job?

Career Talk Job Search Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

A year ago I interviewed with Company A and Company B at the same time. Company A offered me a contract position, which I accepted. A few weeks later, Company B offered me a position, which I declined, saying I already accepted a position elsewhere.

Now my contract with Company A is ending and I am looking for new employment. Company B is currently hiring for positions that I am interested in, so I would like to interview with them again if possible. How should I best reach out to Company B?

Edit: I would like to know if there is anything I should do in addition to just normally applying

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

While there are some good suggestions here, I think you would have the best chance of success not by applying as if you had no history with the company, nor by applying as normal, but mentioning the previous offer in a covering email.

You could consider approaching HR, but personally, I would approach someone who interviewed me, especially if I would be reporting to them.

I would want my soon to be new boss thinking “we interviewed this guy last year and really wanted him. Let’s not risk losing him again. Let’s get him on board ASAP”.

I don’t know your profession, but as a software engineer, I often see us hire good people, so as not to lose them to the market, and worry later about where to use them.

Since the company currently has openings that match you, I am sure that they will want to have you on board.

Just make it a friendly “hello, remember me? I interviewed you last year and you made an offer. Unfortunately, by that time I had accepted something else, and felt hon(u)r bound not to let them down. Now I am free and notice that you have some openings similar to the href="https://forum.tuteehub.com/tag/position">position which you offered me last year, and wondered if you would still be interested in me”. That should set things rolling nicely.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community