I have taken a new role and I am not enjoying it [closed]

Career Talk Job Search Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have recently started working for this large company mid of last year. I initially started as Accounts Payable officer. The bosses have recognised my work and they have offered me a position in a different team which they have mentioned would enhance my skills and I could learn more and I also have stated my interest on this position previously. I got the new position late last year and now I feel like I regret making that decision because I do not feel happy with what I am doing. There is so much mess that the other members have left and the current team has to fix them all and carry the burden. The "backlog" is consistent and it is not healthy - it is starting to affect my personal life because I have to stay back and even work after hours to catch up and clear the backlog which I think will never end. What do I do????

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Talk to your boss and say what you just told us. Say that you want to move, preferably back to where you were before.

If they do value you, they will see the danger that you might leave and will wish to retain you.

If they won’t move you, whether back or to a another department, then they don’t’ value you, you owe them no loyalty and should look out for number one, which sounds like it involves looking for another job.

It is possible that they just moved “the new guy” into “that job that no one wants to do”. Ask them, and find out.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community