What should I do if after receiving a verbal offer letter I am informed that my written job offer is put on hold due to some internal issues?

Career Talk Job Search Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I was interviewed by a very large firm in UAE, remotely since I am in Pakistan. The guy passed my interview and insisted on me to join since we share the same birthplace, coincidentally.

I was presented with the job offer and I accepted without much negotiation. (Via Email)

The next day I was informed that I would receive my written offer letter in 3 working days and I should begin the paperwork now so they can initiate my visa and ticket process. (i.e. document verification etc in Pakistan which takes considerable time and money).

But after 6 days I got a bit worried that why haven't I received the offer letter and mailed the same guy who had hired me to let them know that I have completed 50% of my process and arrangements and also let me know about the job offer.

He replied;

Dear XXX, Due to some internal issues we have put the job offer on hold but will update you once the process is completed.

I replied;

Alright, till then I will continue my process. Keep me posted.

Now what does this all mean and should I be worried?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

it means "don't hold your breath". Said otherwise, events outside your reach means your hiring process is delayed for an unknown amount of time, that could be counted in weeks, months, or years. It may even get cancelled.

The thing to do is to look elsewhere, while keeping an open ear.

Last month, we finally recruited a candidate whose first contact with us was in 2016, and her hiring had been cancelled at the last minute for budget reasons. Two years later, she was available again, the position was open again, and there we go.

But don't hold your breath, which means that the most likely issue is that you'll find another place elsewhere, and will never hear about this firm again. Or they might call you againnext week. That's not within our reach. Whatever will happen, the safest option is to go on looking for other options.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community