Would a recruiter contact me after messing up a technical test? [closed]

Career Talk Job Search Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Job Search Queries related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have applied for a job, and while I already have good experience, I have messed up the pre-interview technical test. This is the first job I have applied for that gave a technical test, so I might have been a bit nervous, so that led to me forgetting simple things that usually I don't while already working.

Are these tests usually a deciding factor, so that if you mess it up you usually don't get to the interview? It could be that they are done as an early indicator, but I am not completely sure about it.

I'm not asking about that specific company, but I want to know more about the likely interpretations of technical test results.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

When a technical test is given pre-interview it is often being used to narrow down the list of candidates to those that they wish to interview (it's how I do it when recruiting developers - check they have the baseline skills to do the job and then check "fit" for the job at interview) so a poor performance on such a test may well scupper any chances of getting to the interview stage.

I wouldn't lose hope just yet though.. not every company will cull candidates at this stage and even those that do may still interview you as it depends not only on how you performed on the test but also how the other candidates did and it is very easy to fall into the trap of thinking you did worse that is actually the case - especially when you are unfamiliar with this sort of test.

At this stage all you can really do is carry on with your job hunt as before and if they get back to you they get back to you.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community