How can one make a career in the cyber security field?

Career Talk Work & Career 2 years ago

0 3 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
How can one make a career in the cyber security field?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (3)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
Hello! Truly speaking, "making your career in Cyber Security field means indulging yourself deep in Computer world". If you are thinking that you have to make career in Cyber Security, then you have to make yourself academically and most importantly, psychologically sound. To become an expert in that field, you must have to study (I mean to tell you about Degree & Certifications). The more you study, the more you get the opportunity to explore this field. Not just study, but do some practical work also. You can seek a security internship and you can do that as early as a student. In this way, you will invest time and others will invest money in your education, and this will lead to a more fruitful professional future. Be attached with any security firm to understand the working of cyber security. This will surely help you a lot. I hope this helps. Good Luck.
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
There are a lot of career options in the field of Cyber Security. I would mention a few of them -1.You can work for the government and help the nation in securing our websites, preventing cybercrimes and catching the cyber criminals. 2. You can work for a cyber security company like FireEye, or with the product security teams of various MNC's like Citrix where you will get to work on real time challenges in cyber security and various exciting projects. 3. You can work as a security consultant for various firms. 4. You can do freelancing where you will be working on projects for your clients and will be paid in terms of each project. 5. You can do a PhD in this field and then become a professor in some university teaching the students about various topics in Cybersecurity and have a helping hand in mission of making a secure cyber world. This is indeed a very interesting and challenging field along with a great scope in terms of jobs.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
First, know that there are many sub specialties in computer security. You can be an expert in keeping systems from being hacked, or in creating unhackable software. You can be an expert in finding security problems in software, or in networks. You can be an expert in viruses, or policies, or cryptography. There are many, many opportunities for many different skill sets. You don't have to be a coder to be a security expert. In general, though, I have three pieces of advice to anyone who wants to learn computer security. Study. Studying can take many forms. It can be classwork, either at universities or at training conferences like SANS and Offensive Security. (These are good self-starter resources.) It can be reading; thereare a lot of excellent books out there -- and blogs -- that teach different aspects of computer security out there. Don't limit yourself to computer science, either. You can learn a lot by studying other areas of security, and soft sciences like economics, psychology, and sociology. Do. Computer security is fundamentally a practitioner's art, and that requires practice. This means using what you've learned to configure security systems, design new security systems, and -- yes -- break existing security systems. This is why many courses have strong hands-on components; you won't learn much without it. Show. It doesn't matter what you know or what you can do if you can't demonstrate it to someone who might want to hire you. This doesn't just mean sounding good in an interview. It means sounding good onmailing lists and in blog comments. You can show your expertise by making podcasts and writing your own blog. You can teach seminars at your local user group meetings. You can write papers for conferences, or books. I am a fan of security certifications, which can often demonstrate all of these things to a potential employer quickly and easily. I've really said nothing here that isn't also true for a gazillion other areas of study, but security also requires a particular mindset -- one I consider essential for success in this field. I'm not sure it can be taught, but it certainly can be encouraged. "This kind of thinking is not natural for most people. It's not natural for engineers. Good engineering involves thinking about how things can be made to work; the security mindset involves thinking about how things can be made to fail. All the best.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community