I have done BA, but now I want to make my career in the cyber security field. What should I do?

Career Talk Work & Career 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
I have done BA, but now I want to make my career in the cyber security field. What should I do?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
If you're an enthusiast looking for a career in cybersecurity, I believe that you should start by research on the basic uses and applications of Cybersecurity, follow it up with the function, purpose and perspectives it has in today’s generation. The skill set is rather vast and demanding for advanced technologies like Cybersecurity and, to become an expert in this field, you will need to master technical skills like Networking, Computer programming and such, not forgetting, you will also be required to have adequate soft skills such as verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills to expose your work effectively. I. One way to look at growing in the field of cyber security is from a learner's point of view. Through security certifications. There are a multitude of certifications based on the category or field of security. Here are a few to name: Beginner level: Certified Ethical Hacker - CEH | EC-Council, provided by EC-Council CompTIA Security+ Provided by CompTIA Medium to Advanced Levels: Offensive Security Certified Professional - Provided by Offensive Security. CompTIA CSA+ Provided by CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst Similarly, there's CHFI - Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification [Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator-CHFI | EC-Council] for Candidates interested in Forensics - Provided by EC-Council among many more. 2. The next approach is through attending and trying out CTF events - All about CTF (Capture the Flag). These are the perfect platforms to prove your strength and show your skills in the field of cybersecurity. People learn about computer security in a number of ways, all important. For the sake of argument, let's put these in three categories: reading, building, and doing. A Cyber Capture the Flag exercise typically resides in the last of these three categories: DOING. CTF attempts to model the defend/attack experience. Time pressures bring into sharp focus theoretical lessons. Competitive forces exposes assumptions and flaws in tools and systems constructed in a vacuum. 3. Bug Bounty program A bug bounty program, also called a vulnerability rewards program (VRP), is a crowd sourcing initiative that rewards individuals for discovering and reporting software bugs. If finding vulnerabilities is your forte, these are for you.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community