I want to go abroad for Masters course after completing my B.Sc in statistics but have only 15 years of education. What should I do?

Career Talk Work & Career 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
I want to go abroad for Masters course after completing my B.Sc in statistics but have only 15 years of education. What should I do?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
You can consider pursuing Masters in statistics or Masters in applied statistics from Australia, Singapore and Germany with a 15 years degree. However if you are keen to apply to US and Canada, you will need to either complete a Masters degree or Post Graduate Diploma from an accredited institute in India; some institutes do not accept PGD, hence ask the desired institutes before pursuing any program in India. While some institutes in the US and Canada accept three years Bachelors degree, you can refer their admission requirements or drop an email. US and Canadian Universities may ask for a WES evaluation that will ascertain the equivalency of your three years degree with their 4 year undergraduate degree. Every country has varied admission requirements for Masters degree based on the course you plan to apply for. You will have to appear for certain standardized tests such as GRE and TOEFL/IELTS. The application process begins a year in advance before the planned intake, hence before the application begins make sure to have the scores ready. GRE test requires a minimum of three months for preparation, so plan accordingly. If you cannot divert your attention to test preparation whilst studying for B.Sc, I suggest that you start preparing after your final year exam. If you are planning for 2018 intake, then you need to have your scores ready by September / October 2017. Refer ETS website for detailed information on GRE and TOEFL. You can visit British Council website for IELTS test details.
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
You can consider pursuing Masters in statistics or Masters in applied statistics from Australia, Singapore and Germany with a 15 years degree. However if you are keen to apply to US and Canada, you will need to either complete a Master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma from an accredited institute in India; some institutes do not accept PGD, hence ask the desired institutes before pursuing any programme in India. While some institutes in the US and Canada accept three years Bachelor’s degree, you can refer their admission requirements or drop an email. US and Canadian Universities may ask for a WES evaluation that will ascertain the equivalency of your three years degree with their 4 year undergraduate degree. Every country has varied admission requirements for Master’s degree based on the course you plan to apply for. You will have to appear for certain standardized tests such as GRE and TOEFL/IELTS. The application process begins a year in advance before the planned intake; hence before the application begins make sure to have the scores ready. GRE test requires a minimum of three months for preparation, so plan accordingly. If you cannot divert your attention to test preparation whilst studying for B.Sc. I suggest that you start preparing after your final year exam. If you are planning for 2018 intake, then you need to have your scores ready by September / October 2017. Refer ETS website for detailed information on GRE and TOEFL. You can visit British Council website for IELTS test details.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community