If I am getting a job profile that I do not like but I am getting paid heftily, should I go for it?

Career Talk Work & Career . 2 years ago

0   5   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating
If I am getting a job profile that I do not like but I am getting paid heftily, should I go for it?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (5)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
Better you not look for salaries. There are many job profiles like the one you have. There are many job profile that gives high salary. But, if you do have any interest in your job, no matter what salary you get, you will not have that satisfaction which you want. Job satisfaction is way too important in the corporate world. It is not just about your salary or incentives. Your field of interest is also very important. Otherwise, you will not enjoy your work in any way. Whatever salary you are being paid, you will not like your job anyways. I would rather suggest you to go for those job profile that interests you. It would be much better for you to work in your field of specialization. If, in case you really need a job, then you can go for it. All the best and have a great career ahead.
0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
Accepting a job that you don't like will do you no good in the long run. You will not be able to give your best at work. You may be good at your job, but you won't be able to be the best at it. Job satisfaction is very important and you won't have this if you do not like your job. However, you even need to consider your place in life and your current priorities. If you are not yet financially independent and have to root yourself or have a lot of commitments and responsibilities on you, the money will do you good. You can always shift to a job that you love after you become financially stable.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
As long as my point of view is concerned, I find it better to go for as much learning as you can have if it is a start of your career. Hence by choosing the right profile once you have learnt much and are confident, you can switch and expect a good amount of salary basis of your skills, capabilities, etc. If the job is not of your profile or choice, believe me, you will not enjoy your job and work, though you will get paid well. I suggest you to go by your preferred work profile so you can give your best at work. Salary is something that may give you surprise any year according to your skills and performance. If I were you, I would go for little salary but job should be fun and of my forte and believe me, this is the real situation of my career. I must say I am much fine and happy with my decision. If I am offered a bigger prize to do a task that does not excite me at all, I would not do it for no satisfaction! Basically both matter. Suppose you are under paid at the initial levels and now looking for a switch, the next company will look at your pink slips and will offer accordingly. Hope, my answer satisfied you!
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
You have to be of any one type: 1. Listen to brain but do what your heart says. 2. If you are into it, you have to do it.In today's world getting a decent job which pay you decently is also difficult. Also the rising competition in market. You need to check your current and future financial requirements. This will help you to answer the question by yourself whether to continue or not, and if yes then for how many years. Also if you do not like the job profile and wish to reject, then you should know the job prospects in the field that you like. If you are sure in this, then you can sail through easily as its always better to do things that you like and also the efficiency is best in things that we like.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
Yes, most of the job seekers in India are now going through this dilemma that which job I should take whether high paid job in which I am not interested or go with my field of interest. I would say that job satisfaction is the most important thing whether the payment is low as compared to high paid job where you interest is low, so if you are getting a less salary but the job profile which you are looking for and you get that then definitely you should go with that only. Because if you got the job in your area of interest then surely you see growth in your upcoming years where as if you choose the job profile that you don't like but initial salary is good but also you can't able to capitalized that because you are least interested in that job. having said that with highly paid job the responsibility will be also high so if you are not least interested with the job profile that would also give a bad impact to your performance so you have to justify your high paid salary with your work or else you might end up leaving the job.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community