My academic profile is not good but if I score good marks in CAT then what are the chances of getting a call from IIM-A, B, C or FMS?

Career Talk Work & Career . 2 years ago

0   6   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating
My academic profile is not good but if I score good marks in CAT then what are the chances of getting a call from IIM-A, B, C or FMS?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (6)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
It is mostly based upon your GD and PI performance.
0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
Yes, chances are there but you must also present yourself in the best way. Score a percentile above 99 and perform well in GD-PI.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
FMS has higher focus on CAT score than IIM ABC.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
Honestly, it's hard to say. Even with good background profile, one should get 99+ percentile in CAT to be able to get shortlisted for IIMs. The academic profile has a certain weightage in the selection process. It also depends on the number of applicants and their profiles. This is just to state the circumstances but I encourage you to get a good score and apply to all IIMs and top colleges in the country. If you get selected then you'll have to face GD and PI which has more weightage in your final shortlisting. Prepare well for them. also to be on safe side apply to a college that you are bound to get admission, you can take help from college predictor available in Shiksha. Refer to this for CAT 2017 selection criteria:
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
You have good chances provided you have exceptionally well in CAT. Keep your percentile above 99.8 and you can have calls from these premier colleges and convert it.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community