What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking PCM over commerce maths?

Career Talk Work & Career 2 years ago

0 10 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
What are the advantages and disadvantages of taking PCM over commerce maths?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (10)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
PCM in +2 will open your doors to a lucrative career in Engineering besides other academic options available. You will have to clear state/national level entrance examinations or equivalent to secure admissions to a B Tech programme. But if you are interested in accountancy and finance and wish to pursue careers in banking and Finance or Insurance sector, then commerce streams will have a better edge.
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
PCM gives you an upper hand as PCM maths is complex and has more variety than mainstream commerce maths. You can pursue Engineering and appear for various entrance tests later for your post graduation if you have PCM basics cleared. With commerce maths, you do not have this upper hand. But if you wish to go for a career in banking, accounting and finance then you may opt for commerce maths.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
I would go for field of interest. I chose PCM, because Science intrigued me. Then, I opted for engineering and I don't deal with Science anymore. Career options in both the fields are innumerable. Commerce: you have to work with finances and taxes. Career prospects during recession are better than engineers. You can do CA and earn lots. Science: you can go for engineering. Then, you can go for Masters in Science fields, research. You can earn lots if your research is good. You can be a professor. So, it is upto you.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
PCM has an option of continuing with Science stream or switch to Commerce but reverse is not true. You get all the streams of PCM and commerce in former and is always a Win situation even in normalisation. But issue comes after switching, if you do. As you switch to commerce, you need to clear your HS basics 1st to do anything good in further studies else it gonna be a bad choice.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
Firstly, there's a lot of pressure. You don't really understand what you should focus on more, Maths or Biology. It's quite difficult to manage these subjects together. (Unlike in PCM where if you have CS/IP/any other subject where you have to put considerably less amount of efforts compared to Bio. ) In Bio, you have to give time and memorize a lot, seriously, a lot, (I'm not exaggerating, guys) to the point you might question your decision of taking both the subjects together (when you see your friends chilled before CS or IP exam and you hyperventilating before Bio xD) Having said that, it's a great stream because you have loads of career opportunities. Think of this, you have four main subjects in your hand. You can do literally anything you want to after 12th. You realise your potential and generally, from what I've seen, you tend to incline towards one subject more than other. It's difficult, but not impossible. You can plan your schedule and manage stuff. You might want to feel like hitting your head on the wall, but trust me, it's all worth it in the end. All good things require effort, right? :) All the best for your future endeavours.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community