Which books should I refer to get the top 100 rank in JEE Mains?

Career Talk Work & Career 2 years ago

0 4 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
Which books should I refer to get the top 100 rank in JEE Mains?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (4)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
Based on my personal experience, the first and foremost book you should cover should be NCERT. This is exclusive of my disclaimer above and I would strongly recommend that you do the NCERTs irrespective what your teachers say. NCERT textbooks are written by a team of author's who are all experts in their area. For example, one of the authors of the physics textbook is Prof. Ajoy Ghatak who is an expert in the field of optics and I would assume that the chapter(s) on optics are primarily written by him. Also, NCERTs contain some of the most basic material explained very well. It is essential that you master all the basics before moving on to more "advanced" ideas. So, the first thing to do is read the NCERT chapters thoroughly and this includes any side notes or extra information that may or may not be a part of the CBSE boards syllabus. The books you can go through for preparation: For maths - Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight for Algebra Textbook of Coordinate Geometry for IIT-JEE by A. Majeed for Coordinate geometry Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I. A. Maron for Calculus For chemistry - University Chemistry by Bruce Mahan for Physical Chemistry Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry Organic Chemistry by Solomons and Fryhle for Organic Chemistry For physics - University Physics by Freedman and Young Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov. This is generally at a level of the general questions asked currently in IIT-JEE and may be considered optional. These are some of the books which I refer you for the preparation. Best of luck!
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
Getting a rank under 100 in IIT-JEE is a pretty hard nut to crack. Not everyone can achieve this, but if you are determined then we all know everything can be achieved. For this, you will have to study every single day. Not just study, but study in a good way or we can say you will have to do smart work not hard work. Here are few books to score good marks in JEE Mains: Physics: 1. Concept of Physics (Both Part 1 & 2) by HC Verma 2. Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov. This book is really very good. You can solve this book after solving topics from HC Verma. 3. Aptitude Test Problems in General Physics by Krotov, but go through this book only when you are very good. Otherwise, this book may hamper your preparation. 4. Understanding Physics by DC Pandey. This is quite a good book to score good marks as it has competition corner in which questions are quite good. Chemistry: R.C. Mukherjee for Physical Chemistry problem Morrison and Boyd for Organic chemistry Solomon's and Fryhle for Organic chemistry J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry O.P. Tondon for Physical Chemistry Mathematics TMH old edition book (2003 or earlier). This is one of the best books, but you should take only old edition, I am not talking about new edition(s). Cengage books. This is also good and questions are also good. One must go with the best coaching module such as Resonance, FIITJEE or Allen and must solve the past 37 years JEE problems. All the best.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
There are many books available in the market for JEE Mains claiming to be the best but you should know which books to be referred and which writers are recommended for mains and advance because people think that JEE Advance preparation covers JEE Mains preparation. Few books and tips for you to stand in top hundred are: Study previous year papers of JEE Mains at least from 2010 till date. Give a thorough revision and practise to NCERT exercises and concepts. Tata Mcgraw Hills is one of the best concept clearing books for maths. For physics, HC Verma and Rasnick Haliday along with all the formulas and fundamentals in NCERT are sufficient. In chemistry, a very deep learning of inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry from NCERT and Navbodh is required. Also one should be covering all the coaching practise material provided along with the books. And at the last hundred rankers should focus on speed, accuracy and time management of the question paper.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
The competition in JEE has reached an altogether new level with the coaching industry booming up and so,it becomes important to make a wise choice of books in order to utilize your time maximally. *Organic and Physical Chemistry- O. P. Tandon *Mechanics Part 1-DC Pandey *Understanding Physics Electricity and Magnetism-DC Pandey *Understanding Physics for JEE MAIN and ADVANCED optics and modern physics - DC Pandey *Understanding Physics For JEE MAINS and ADVANCED Waves And Thermodynamics *Vector and 3D Geometry -Arihant Publications *Integral Calculas- Amit Agarwal *W Feller- Probability Integral and differential calculus - Arihant
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community