Which books should I refer to get top 100 rank in JEE Advanced?

Career Talk Work & Career 2 years ago

0 4 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating
Which books should I refer to get top 100 rank in JEE Advanced?

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Work & Career related to Career Talk. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (4)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago
For Physics Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma. These all-inclusive books are tailored for the students of 10+2 level. Apart from covering all the topics related to the JEE Advanced syllabus, the two parts have a number of solved and unsolved problems for students. The best-covered topics in these books are Mechanics, Electrostatics, Modern Physics, Thermodynamics, and Optics. Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & WalkerChapters like Electro Magnetism, Rotation, and Wave Optics have been covered very well in this book. It contains descriptions of physical principles, which are well supported by mathematical derivations of the equation, description of laboratory experiments, historical backgrounds, etc. followed by reliable, solved examples. Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov. This book is divided into six parts. It has a preface at the beginning and chapter-wise answers and solutions at the end. The best-covered topics are Basis of Vector, Trigonometry, and Calculus. But it requires a clear understanding of physics concepts and can be very time-consuming. So, though it is one of the best reference books, it is advised to read only in your free time as an extra resource. For maths, according to me, Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma is more than enough. It is one of the best books in Mathematics for beginners, the two volumes include exercises that cover the entire syllabus of mathematics pertaining to IIT JEE Advanced and other state level engineering examination preparation. These one-stop books have solved illustrative examples, which help in explaining the concepts better. For Chemistry Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon. Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice YurkanisA perfect blend of concept clarity and its application. Organic Chemistry by O.P.Tandon. These are some of the books which I recommend you for preparation purpose but your first priority should be completing NCERT textbooks and once your preparation is done you can also try the practice problem sets by Arihant Publishers for individual subjects and mock paper.
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
This is really a challenging task as just getting a good book is not enough, you need best mentors and preparation for JEE from Class 8th then only one can get perfection in their subjects to score best marks in the exam. For the concepts, if you like to be absolutely clear then apart from your notes, you can consider the following textbooks: a) Physics: HC Verma, DC Pandey, Resnick and Halliday Walker and NCERT. b) Maths: I A Maron for Calculus, S L Loney, Amit Agrawal, IIT-Mathematics by ML Khana and NCERT. c) Chemistry: NCERT, OP Tandon, JD Lee, LG Wade, Morrison Boyd and NCERT.For practice questions, you can look into these: a) Physics: Irodov, D Mukherjee and DC Pandey. b) Maths: Loney, TMH, Cengage and coaching package. c) Chemistry: OP Tandon, OP Agarwal, RC Mukherjee and P Bahudar. d) Online: Eagerbug NCERT Exemplar Problems books are also needed. The previous year question papers need to be solved and one can also have to go with the package of resonance or Allen and their test series for scoring such rank in JEE Advanced exam. All the best.
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
The recommended books for JEE Advanced 2017: Physics: 1) Problems in General Physics, I.E. Irodov 2) Fundamentals of Physics, Halliday, Resnick & Walker 3) Aptitude Test Problems in Physics, S S Krotov 4) Advance Physics, Nelkon and Parker 5) Dynamics of a Particle & of Rigid Bodies, S.L. Loney 6) Problem in Physics, V. Zubov & V. Shalnov 7) Physics Vol. I & II, Tipler Maths: 1) Maths XI & XII, R.D. Sharma 2) Higher Algebra, Hall Knight 3) Problems in Calculus of One Variable, I.A. Maron 4) Differential Calculus, Arihant Prakashan 5) Integral Calculus, Arihant Prakashan 6) Algebra, Arihant Prakashan 7) Plane Trigonometry Part 1, S.L. Loney 8) Plane Co-ordinate Geometry, S. L. Loney Chemistry: 1) Physical Chemistry, O.P. Tandon 2) Numerical Chemistry, P. Bahadur 3) University Chemistry, Bruce H. Mahan 4) Physical Chemistry, P. Bahadur (for theory) 5) Numerical Chemistry, R.C. Mukharjee 6) Physical Chemistry, P.W. Atkins 7) IITJEE Chemistry, O.P Agarwal Organic Chemistry: O.P. Tandon, Paula Bruice Yurkanis, Morrison & Boyd and Arihant Prakashan Inorganic: Arihant Prakashan and O.P. Tandon
0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
The question again is a home to many other questions in it. The ranking and results in JEE Advanced will depend on your mental ability to grasp theoretical aspect and hard work, but for securing a rank under 100 in Advanced, one should have a very sharp and logical brain. Your thinking, memorising and logical skills should be at par. As when the study is concerned, all the skills should be learned through hardcore academic practice and hard work. The books are also an important part of the practise session as a correct book can make you achieve your goals while a number of wrong preferred books can misguide you. The books are as follows: Thirty-five years previous years questions is a must and a priority for the students. Try to skip the Arihant publication in that because it skips many questions in the book. For Chemistry, Himanshu Pandey, RC Mukherjee, NCERT and Disha publication books for inorganic are very good. For maths, Tata McGraw Hills for JEE Advanced is an excellent book for practice. If you are going to some coaching institute, first finish all the material given by them and then prefer these books. At last in physics, the journey should begin with HC Verma followed by the Rasnick Halliday and I E Erodov. Try to practice and focus more on the quality questions and their concepts rather than the number of questions. Thank you. Best of luck.
0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community