Which computer trick was cool in the past, but seems completely unimpressive these days?

Commerce & Accounting General . 2 years ago

1   5   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 27 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General related to Commerce & Accounting. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (5)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Which computer trick was cool in the past, but seems completely unimpressive these days?

1 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Playing tunes on the squawk box. Most computers had a loudspeaker connected to an internal electrical signal - often the lowest bit of the accumulator or address register. As a program ran, the bit toggled very fast sounding like a demented parrot. The idea was to listen to batch jobs, each job would produce a very specific repetitive noise that would tell you when the job changed - the noise changed. Of course, clever people could get it to play Christmas carols and things. Lame compared to midi and they went out of fashion as the clock rate of machines increased past 10MHz and the output became ultrasonic.

1 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Back when I was just starting out in college, circa 1993–94, the school I went to required all incoming Computer Science students to buy a UNIX workstation running Ultrix. No Windows PC for us back then!.

A lot of the Internet back then seemed to be occupied by college students, government long-haired hackers, and a few others who were ahead of the curve living in Australia. A large number of these people were using UNIX in some form to access Internet Relay Chat (IRC), a text based chatting platform. Back then, I was living in a dorm next to a hacker who liked to exploit bugs in certain UNIX programs (finger, talk, ntalk) to kick people off their ISP, screw up their terminal display, or flip their screen display in X windows.

1 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

print “login: “ and accept input.

then, on a different line, print “password: “ and a lot of over-layed characters. and accept input. then printing “invalid password” and accepting input, without the overlay. so you could see a password on the paper they were typing on.

seems pretty lame anymore..

1 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago
  1. Changing the startup music of windows xp. I used to do this in my childhood and my friends thought me as some kind of expert.
  2. An ability to install Operating system. Yes, my friends (in our childhood) used to pay money to the tech guy for the installation of os.

1 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

Important Commerce & Accounting Links

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community