How do I score above 90 in NCERT Science exams class 10?

Course Queries Competitions/Entrance Exams 2 years ago

0 5 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Competitions/Entrance Exams related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (5)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

How do I score above 90 in NCERT Science exams class 10?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Hey there!

I’ve got 10 cgpa in science in Class Xth. So, I think I can help you.

First of all, your study should be based on NCERT totally as it is a boards exam. You can easily score above 90 if you study sincerely for 1 month.

Just follow the steps written below -:

1. Chemistry -:
  • Carbon and It's Compound - This is totally a theoretical chapter. So, all u have to do is “To dig up” the points from it, as we do in History.
    • Properly learn the characteristics of carbon compounds (lose force of attraction, non-conductors of electricity etc.), How carbon attains it configuration, Covalent bond defination and it’s 2 examples.
    • Versatile Nature of Carbon, it is a very important topic and it’s just an answer of 5 lines with two points.
    • Saturated & Unsaturated - Just learn its defination and few examples. Also, the difference b/w saturated and unsaturated.
    • Chains, Branches & Rings - for this you might need the help of someone just to give you a clear idea about it.
    • Homologous series - Learn its defination and the functional groups that has been given in the table.
    • For nomenclature - Read the table properly
    • After that Soap and Detergent topic is very important try to dig up the points from it and then learn it properly.
    • Again, for the chemical reactions read the definations and examples.
    • Make a chart of all the chemical reactions that has been give in ncert stick it to your wall and try to learn it for once everyday! U have plenty of time!
    • Solve the ncert questions and the previous year questions, for previous year ques. I solved Oswaal topic wise question bank.
    • Also it would be great if u add chemical react. with most of the answers in ur exam paper.
  • Periodic Classification of Elemnts -
    • Again, this is a theoretical chapter. So, you know what you have to do! ;)
    • Relax, the questions from this chapter are going to be easy.
    • Mendeleev and Moseley Periodic table are the imp. topics
    • Learn the definations, limitations and their peculiar features. That’s it!!

Only two chapters in chemistry & believe me the chapters are very easy! Just learn the tables, examples, and yes, always answer the questions in points! Always!! That’s how you can score above 90 in Science.

Physics questions are going to be very easy, no need of solving hc verma or any other book, I’ve never solved them, just NCERT numericals are enough! And instead of focussing on numericals try to focus on theory. There’s hardly going to be 2 or 3 numericals from physics. The ray diagrams and vision defect diagrams are very important. If you really want to score above 90 then try to draw the diagrams in most of the answers for both biology and physics.

That’s how you have to make points in chemistry, It’s very easy!!

The reactions in exam are often written in words and not in symbols so, thats why i used to do this

0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

While studying:

• The candidates should focus on basic concepts, a strong foundation goes a long way;
  • The candidates should make notes in points. It helps the candidates in learning the topic and also at the time of revision, it becomes easier;
  • The candidates should create a separate list of important formulae and laws;
  • The candidates should prepare flow charts at the end of every topic, this helps during the time of revision;
  • Learning a topic s different, solving answers based on the topic is different. The candidates should therefore try to practice various CBSE sample papers. The candidates should solve the practice papers within the stipulated time (if possible during 10 am to 1 pm), this helps in creating a mindset for the actual exam;
  • Merely reading the summary of the topic will not help. The candidates should study the topics in depth
  • Practice diagrams, neatly drawn and labeled diagrams are scoring;
  • Focus primarily on NCERT/ CBSE books.

While attempting the paper:

• The candidates should try to solve the question paper in the given sequence. In case, the candidates do not know the answer to a particular question, they should leave space for that and go on the next question without wasting much time;
  • The candidates should label the diagrams properly;
  • The candidates should give precise answers. No unnecessary detail should be provided;
  • The keywords or important sentences should be highlighted. Also, the candidates should keep the word limit in mind while answering the questions.

0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

First of all, a round of applause for Avi beacuse he decided his goal (not a sarcasm).

A small 6-step follow up according to my experience and feel free to comment your views to make the answer better.

Steps —

1. Decide a goal — Already done (specifically, in case of Avi), if not, start up now.
  2. Arrange for resources to achieve goal — Second step is crucial as you are deciding the depth of the study you're going to do. Prepare yourself for smartwork and hardwork. Avi, as chemistry is a theoretical subject, try reaching your potential with 2–3 reference books (S.Chand or Pradeep or any you prefer) + NCERT books. Collect question papers, sample papers or reference material.
  3. Third step — Judge your potentials and divide your time to various subjects. Avi, devote maximum time and resources for Chemistry and don't forget other subjects.
  4. Fourth step — Action. Time for proper studies with short breaks. Focus and concentration should be maximum. Try reaching every topic.
  5. Fifth step — Revision time. You've already done everything properly. Sit back and relax. Don't be nervous and try to solve atleast 5 sample papers of each to get a proper idea about type of questions.
  6. Sixth step — Night before exam. Don't study excessive, take sound sleep and eat a healthy breakfast. Keep yourself hydrated. All the best.

Note : Special one page revision notes can be made while studying. Have a quick review more quicker.

0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Science is quite easy feel it.
Stick to NCERT first complete it.
Then go for any refrence book. I'd recommend SCHAND. Do not study it for sake of having marks. You are in 10th so grasp all the basics for future use in class 11 and 12. Study it for the sake of curiosity.
For Chemistry understand all the concepts and try to imagine those and relate with your real life scenarios.
For physics as I know you have electricity chapters Optics and other important topics study NCERT thoroughly.
Always abide by your teachers instructions.
Try to study organic chemisty by a senior student of class 12 he will explain you by analysing your mistakes as he crossed class 10.
Try to make your own notes using NCERT book. Use a pencil in practise copy. Because graphite in pencil is a lubricating agent and you will experience less friction while writing, your speed will be more than original,your time will be conserved and most probably you will improve your Hand Writing.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community