A-Level/GCSE Geometry textbook? Geometry for STEP and MAT?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

everyone.

I have been looking for a book that covers the most elementary parts of Geometry, such as similar triangles, circles(arc, sector and others), Pythagorean theorem, Sine and Cosine Laws, so basically a high school Geometry course. I need it to be comprehensive, covering everything in a high school Geometry course, including Coordinate Geometry; it has to cover everything Plane and Solid Geometry.

Although my Geometry is quite weak, I can make huge strides, as I've learnt Algebra and some Calculus via A-Level Maths and Further Maths.

And I'm going to need to cover all the basics of Geometry within two months. I need a book with a lot diagrams, something like Kiselev's Geometry was quite hard for me to comprehend, as I'm mostly a visual learner. Hopefully, the book also has a lot of exercises, too, as the main way of learning is to keep practising problems.

I'm absolutely desperate to become more advanced in my Geometry. So if anyone can help, that would be really, really appreciated.

Thank you all,

And let the recommendations begin.

P.S. I'm going to take the STEP Paper and MAT, so I need something as soon as possible.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

There are two books by Stephen Siklos: "Advanced Problems in Core Mathematics" and "Advanced Problems in Mathematics" which are designed for STEP, but they're not necessarily "textbooks".

There's also "Lecture Notes on Mathematical Olympiad Courses For Junior Section" volumes 1 & 2 which are pretty good, concise and with lots of problems to do, but no calculus

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community