C# application works on Win 7 But not on XP

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have built an application in C# and also built a setup for this application. The application on setup works on all Windows 7 machines but doesnt seem to work on any XP machine.

I shall briefly describe what my application does.

The application plays a swf file on startup. The swf file has 3 buttons with separate functions. Basically on clicking these buttons it has to show certain images which are loaded from sqlite.

The problem is that the application loads the swf correctly, the swf plays completely till the end, then at the end where i have placed 3 buttons the click event does not respond to any button. i am guessing this is a problem with FSCommand and the dlls not getting registered correctly

The dlls that i have added to my setup are

• AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll
  • Interop.shockwaveFlashObjects.dll
  • System.Data.SQLite.dll
  • KP-ImageViewerV2.dll (from codeproject.com)

Also the files present are my manifest file and .config file

I tried registering my Dlls manually using RegSrv32 C:\Interop.ShockwaveFlashObject.dll and also C:\AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObject.dll The error i get is

The (DllPath and Name Here) was loaded but DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

The code that i am using to display my swf file is as below

private void axShockwaveFlash1_FSCommand(object sender,AxShockwaveFlashObjects._IShockwaveFlashEvents_FSCommandEvent e)
 {
   string btn = e.command.ToString();
   if (btn == "play")
     {
       try
        {
        frmMain Main = new frmMain();
        Main.Show();
        this.Hide();
        }
        catch (Exception ex) 
        { MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString()); }
      }
      if (btn == "syllabus")
      {
         SQLiteConnectionStringBuilder strbldr = new SQLiteConnectionStringBuilder();
         strbldr.DataSource = @Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData) + "\\TVC E-Excust Customs\\E-ExcustCustoms.s3db";
         SQLiteConnection con = new SQLiteConnection(strbldr.ConnectionString);
         con.Open();
         Syllabus_usageInformation syl = new Syllabus_usageInformation(this);
         SQLiteCommand cmd = new SQLiteCommand("SELECT ImageFiles FROM misc WHERE Name='Syllabus new'", con);
         SQLiteDataReader reader = cmd.ExecuteReader();
         byte[] imageBytes = null;
         while (reader.Read())
         {
          imageBytes = (System.Byte[])reader["ImageFiles"];
         }

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream(imageBytes, 0, imageBytes.Length);
         con.Close();
         syl.kpImageViewer1.OpenButton = false;
         syl.kpImageViewer1.Image = (Bitmap)Image.FromStream(ms,

0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Alright PROBLEM SOLVED..there is some problem with .net 4.0. I found this because i searched something on google for my problem, i dont remember the search i did but it returned 2 results!! one of which had a conversation, some VS guy and a user were talking about the problem he faced which was similar to mine. the VS guy agreed that indeed the problem was with 4.0 and that they will rectify the problem. Seems i wasted a lot of time.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community