How can I transition into QA and what software tools should I learn?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 3 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (3)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I've been working in various helpdesk/software support positions for several years now, but my goal has always been to work in the field of QA. I enjoy problem solving and I'm always trying to learn about what causes bugs when I encounter them.

I haven't had any luck yet finding a position since I haven't finished my degree and I also don't live in a very large city, so job opportunities are slim.

I've decided that I want to do everything I can to teach myself about QA in order to better my chances of finding an entry level position. I don't know much about programming but I am comfortable with html/css/javascript. Is there any advice to how I could better get into the field?

I've been researching entry level QA positions and it seems like there's a ton of software that employers desire. Some of the ones listed that I've seen include RequisitePro, ClearQuest, Rational Test Suite, Caliber, Quality Center, QTP, Selenium, Load Runner and more. Is it necessary to learn all of these?

Also, is there an easy way for me to start using these applications? Many of them aren't free it seems like. Can I learn how to create automated tests just by writing simple ones for common web applications like Gmail and Youtube? Or should I look into testing open source web applications?

I've already found a thread on here about books for novice software testers, so I'm going to be reading some of those soon. Thanks for any help or suggestions!

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Could I suggest learning to test before diving into tools to automate tests and tools to manage them ? Read the books you have got, surf this site (and others such as Software Testing Club and SQA forums ) to get an idea of what people in the industry are doing and what problems they are facing.

0 views   0 shares

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Could I suggest learning to test before diving into tools to automate tests and tools to manage them ? Read the books you have got, surf this site (and others such as Software Testing Club and SQA forums ) to get an idea of what people in the industry are doing and what problems they are facing.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community