How do I ask for a better grade?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

The prof did not mention his grading scale in this syllabus. I got A- with 94. The School usually set the A scale to be at 93. But the professors always have the right to set his own standards (e.g. curves).

I am currently writing for a better grade. Shall I attach a university's recommended grading scale as attachment? Is it a good idea to mention that some big companys are only looking at straight A average?

Could you please let me know how to ask for a better grade?

Thank you so much. You are always helpful. Any comments are welcome.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

There is basically only one way you're likely to get your grade changed, which is if the professor made a mistake. That does happen sometimes - I once corrected a grade under circumstances similar to what you're describing - but it's unusual.

You want to write a short message pointing out that

1. you think your average is 94
  2. you got an A-

and then ask what the cut-off was for an A in this course.

And - and this is important - that's it. Do not:

1. Outright ask for a better grade
  2. Talk about how important the grade is to you or to your job prospects
  3. Include the university's recommended scale or otherwise try to convince the professor about what the cut-off should be
  4. Ask for extra work or another way to retroactively improve your grade.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community