How good are Harvard undergrads? [closed]

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I Studied Computer Science Engineering in India from an average private institute.

I wanted to and I still do want to become a great programmer. I have seen "The Social Network"(facebook) built and come to life right in front of my eyes. He was in his sophomore when he dropped out of college.

I don't know what they teach in Harvard in the very first year but over in India they teach C, C++ in the first two semesters . The curriculum revolved around learning basic syntax, functions, operators, pointers and ends up on files. C++ syllabus has somewhat of object oriented language pedagogy (few extra terms - inheritance, polymorphism etc.) . The problems which we were solving were those of .. writing area of triangle, towers of hanoi. Following these two semesters we studied data structures.

I don't see how a person can go on from his sophomore into building such a vast social network. I understand, he was a Harvard student, that must have meant something.

But exactly how much ahead are they, compared to an "average Indian"?

Is it something to do with the course over there? or the problems they practice or the environment or the individual's efforts ?

And how much time is it going to take for an "Average Indian" to reach that level?

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community