How should I best prepare for abstract algebra?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I've taken calculus through multivariable and a calculus-based statistics class. However, I struggled with some of the proof stuff in Calc II, and I'm seeing now that that's probably going to burn me unless I get it fixed before classes start again in January. I'm pretty nervous for it.

Are there things I should review in preparation? How do you even get better at proofs? My class will be using A Book of Abstract Algebra, Second Edition by Pinter.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

In order to prepare for a course in abstract algebra follow these steps,

(1)(1) Familiarize yourself with ,,,R,Z,Q,C.

-Understand how arithmetic operations such as work in generality.

(2)(2) Get used to modular arithmetic now if you haven't done so already.

-this will help you understand how congruences in different mods work.

(3)(3) Definitions are you friend.

-As it has been stated before, "you will not just stumble onto a proof in 

abstract algebra.

(4)(4) Review basic number theory concepts such as gcd, lcm, divisors, prime factorization.

-This will help when dealing with the euclidean algorithm and much more.

(5)(5) Be comfortable with the binomial theorem.

-This will help when you need to derive multiple angle formulas.

Lastly, just get an old syllabus and really try to understand the definitions. Play with them and do a lot of examples.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community