Piano practice for adult beginner

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I've been practicing piano for over a year. My intention was the cliche'd just-have-to-learn-für-elise-before-i-die. So I've learned the whole piece and a couple of more simple tunes but you know, as i understand now, many adults approach piano in this wrong way and end up with playing WITHOUT any sign of musicality.(And I did this stupid mistake too.) Now I see clearly that I have to begin from scratch and establish the fundementals.

I've searched the net about books, methods, suggestions, etc. which didn't bring me to an obvious idea for regular practice. I'm thinking about practicing GRADE 1 songs(to be able to play them musical surely), practicing scales and all supplemented with various method and theory books.

What are your opinions on this? Can i simply follow and practice ABRSM exam contents? By the way, I won't be able to take lessons from a teacher.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

The ABRSM exam syllabus, and the set pieces for each grade, will certainly work as a logical progression. ABRSM also publish other "graded" collections of pieces.

However these ABRSM publications don't include any teaching material, though you can find YouTube videos created by qualified teachers to provide some of that.

It is probably worth supplementing the ABRSM books with material which has its primary aim of teaching. There are several series of "adult piano course" books available - Alfred, Bastien and John Thompson are three well known ones.

The best way is undoubtedly to get a teacher, who can see when you are doing something wrong and correct it before it turns into a bad habit - but if you can't use a teacher for whatever reason, that's no reason not to try to learn without one!

If the problem is simply the lack of a teacher where you are living, you may be able to find somebody who gives "remote lessons" via Skype, etc. That is certainly being done for advanced music tuition, but I don't know how common it is at beginner level.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community