Please Where do I modify in ns2 source files to implement this congestion control algorithm and how?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Warm greetings to you,

Please I would like to find out where I need to adjust in the ns2 source code in order to implement the TCP algorithm below. It is a variant of TCP AIMD algorithm called TCP - BIAD

#.................................................................................................................
            if (ACK recieved)
              call routine b.com/tag/function">function ()
               if congestion window <= slow start threshold
                  increment congestion window by 1
               else
                set Minimum window = congestion window
                set target window = Average of max. Window and min. window
                 if(dist. btw current window & target window > max.increment)
                  set S to maximum increment
            else if (b.com/tag/distance">distance between current window and target window <=1)
                  set S to 1
                else
                set S to b.com/tag/distance">distance between current window and target window
            end if 
            congestion window = congestion window + S/congestion window
           end if 
          end if 
    #...........................................................................................................................

Algorithm after a single packet is Lost

#..............................................................................................................................
    if ( three DUPACKs are recieved)
        Maximum window = Congestion Window
        slowstart threshold = max (2, B x Minimum Roundtriptime)/ Pipe Size of bottleneck link during congestion
        congestion window = slow start threshold
    end if

#.......................................................................................................................................

I am new to this area so I will appreciate all necessary and related information materials and links you are willing to share. 

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community