Sample Curriculum for levels of English users [closed]

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Just curious, where can I find a sample TEFL curriculum for different levels of English users for the ff: Basic, Elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper intermediate and advance?

I'm really confused as to why there are lectures about present tenses in the Elementary level, while some place this in the intermediate. I'm looking for some sorts of standard guideline where I could base my lesson plan on.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

The levels you name are somewhat arbitrary, since there is no agreement on when, for example, a pre-intermediate student enters the intermediate level. And to my knowledge there is no standard guideline for determining the order of difficulty of the various grammatical elements in English. In any case, difficulty will vary according to the native language of the learner.

A further question is whether a TEFL syllabus should be based on the order of difficulty, even if this can be established reliably. Modern TEFL methodologies such as Task-Based Learning do not use difficulty but usefulness as the basis for organising the syllabus.

If you want to see how a very popular ELT coursebook series organises its content, then have a look at Headway by Oxford University Press. This might give you some useful ideas. But, ultimately, you will need to decide for yourself how to organise your course, based on the needs of your learners.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community