Setting the height of my section equal to text content, ignoring height of SVG

Course Queries Syllabus Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am styling a section that contains textual elements (a heading, a paragraph, and a summary/details element containing a ul which in turn contains several li elements) and an SVG. I am using CSS grid to structure this content into two columns: one column for all the textual elements, and one column (pushed to the right extreme of the screen using justify-self: end) for my SVG.

As you can see in the code snippet below, regardless of whether or not my summary/details element is closed or expanded, the height of my section is always equal to the height of my SVG.

I would like for the height of my section to always be equal to the height of my text content, even when the summary/details element is closed (in which case, the height of the section would be much shorter than it is currently, and the remainder of the SVG would be cut off -- it is important that it is cut off, but not squeezed).

Is this possible? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

(The output of the code snippet below might make a bit more sense if you open it as a full page.)

var clickDetails = document.getElementById("click-details");

function showDetails() {
    if (clickDetails.innerHTML === "Click here to show full syllabus") {
        clickDetails.innerHTML = "Click here to hide..."
    } else {
        clickDetails.innerHTML = "Click here to show full syllabus"
    }
}
.grid {
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 1fr);
    grid-gap: 10px;
}

.span-row-1 {
    grid-row: span 1 / auto;
    justify-self: end;
}

object {
    /* height:  */
}
html>
<html lang="en">

charset="UTF-8">
     name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
     http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="ie=edge">
     rel="stylesheet" href="style.css">
    </span><span class="pln" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; color: #303336;">Document</span><span class="tag" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; color: #7d2727;">

class="grid">

Title

Lorem, ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur adipisicing elit. Dolorem, architecto unde iure deserunt veniam hic reprehenderit perspiciatis in itaque labore facilis nemo reiciendis nulla a voluptatem voluptates quos sint? Tempore.

class="syllabus-text">Syllabus
id="click-details" onclick="showDetails()" class="syllabus-text">Click here to show full syllabus class="syllabus browser-default"> class="header-section"> href="#Introduction">Introduction
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • Stuff goes here
  • 0 views   0 shares
    profilepic.png
    manpreet 2 years ago

you can try add this code to your css file to style the svg

svg {
     max-height: 100%;
    }

You could also try using your svg as a background image. Inside "span-row-1" add:

class="bg-image" src="your-img-url.svg">

and then apply this CSS style

.bg-image {
     max-height: 100%;
    }

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community