Suggestion for Graduate Studies in Cultural and Media Studies [closed]

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm currently an undergraduate student in English Literature, and I'm setting my sights on doing graduate school in Cultural or Media Studies. So far, I haven't found my specific research interest, but I'm currently working on a bachelor thesis on Postcolonialism. My other research interest is Gender and Sexuality.

I've been looking up three universities (UK, Australia, and Japan) and I'm torn between choosing either United Kingdom or Japan. On one hand, the syllabus and curriculum from the UK school (SOAS of the University of Lonsdon) was rather promising and I'm certain that they'd have the perfect environment for a student of Cultural Studies. However, I also found a similar course in International Culture and Communications at Waseda, Japan. Now, I've been DYING to study and live in Japan (especially at a prestigious school like Waseda), but I'm veeeeryy uncertain of the environment there.

So, my question is does anybody have an idea about what it's like to be a cultural studies researcher in Japan and how is the environment there for those aiming to have a career in Cultural or Media Studies? Is it worse or comparable than UK?

(By the way, note that I won't be specifically studying Japanese Culture (especially its literature). While I MIGHT be researching Japanese Pop Culture sometime in the future, I'm very uncertain about the workings in Media Studies in Japan)

I'm from Indonesia, if it helps. I know a lot about Japanese ethics and culture, but I've never really experienced them. FYI, I also looked at a similar course at Asia Pacific University, Ritsumeikan.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community