Textbooks on solidifying graduate knowledge

Course Queries Syllabus Queries . 2 years ago

0   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am finishing my undergraduate program soon and start getting ready for graduate school. What I have realized is that although I have passed many subjects and with good grades I feel that mathematical knowledge is somewhat loose.

I am looking for books/textbooks that aim on "solidifying" my body of knowledge. For example, I found the books Geometry I & II by Marcel Berger a very nice way to use very basic facts about groups and vector spaces to study very intricate things (+it contains many excersises). Other books I have in mind (although I have read a small portion of them) are the books of Terrence Tao with excerpts from his blog. Or yet another example, the (somewhat old) book of Shlomo Sternberg on Calculus (since it provides a very concrecte organisation of a syllabus spanning 3 or more subjects in a standard undergraduate program).

Alternatively, sets of demanding problems (like those provided by Paul Siegel) are very, very welcome.

Let me state in another way my question: What are the books you wished you have read as an undergraduate. And since there are many Proffesors here: What are the books you wished your graduate students have read?

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community