Transitioning to Elementary School teaching and need some advice on bolstering my math skills

Course Queries Syllabus Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm an English major trying to make the transition to Elementary School teaching. For as long as I can remember, I've been extremely math-anxious and I've only done the bare-minimum level of Math work needed to get my degree. Because teaching Math is a requirement for every Elementary School teacher in the US, I'd like to start improving my mathematical competence now.

I was hoping someone could recommend a good pre-calculus textbook for someone who's looking into re-teaching themselves the foundations of math. I'm not doing this to pass some test, I'd just like to improve my math skills across the board so I'm better able to pass on the knowledge to my students.

Thanks for your time!

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I am learning statistical inference by myself, I have skim through a few books like Casella Hoggs and I find it omitted lots of details, for example, they didn't introduce the conditional expectation, so there are only proofs in discrete case about "sufficient statistics " "factoring theorem ", etc. could you recommend me a book for graduates or doctor degree? thanks!

background: I'm a first-year graduate student working on probability.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community