What is a standard precalculus syllabus?

Course Queries Syllabus Queries 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Syllabus Queries related to Course Queries. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm about to start teaching a calculus I class next week and I was wondering what I can expect from my students. I'm a Brit teaching in the US so I am unfamiliar with the system.

I am hoping that they can:

1) Factor simple quadratic (cubic?) polynomials, complete the square, use the quadratic formula and know the difference between squares factorization.

2) Know the basic trig functions and their elementary definition (e.g. sin = opposite/hypotenuse)

3) Have some grasp of the notion of a function.

Is this a reasonable collection of expectations?

Oh and I plan to use this to construct a self-diagnostic review quiz to give the kids.

Later additions:

4) Laws of logarithms and of exponentials.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community