gh-pages not loading bundle.js from index.html

General Tech Bugs & Fixes 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Bugs & Fixes related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have set up a React project with webpack.I want to upload this project on my user site on Github. I created the user site repository with 2 branches- master and gh-pages. The project structure is as follows:

dist
    index.html
    bundle.js
 index.html

The Package.json file has the following commands for build and deployment.

"start": "webpack-dev-server --open --mode development --content-base ./dist",
 "test": "npm run lint && npm run security-check && npm run bundle",
 "predeploy": "npm run tag/build">build",
 "deploy": "gh-pages -d dist"

In dev mode, the project is working fine.The HtmlWebPackPlugin is inserting the bundle js script tag in the dist/index.html. For deploying to gh-pages, when I run the deploy command, the code is updated correctly in the branch gh-pages. I can see the latest dist folder files in there.

But the user site is giving me 404: not found error for bundle.js.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community