How can I get php to populate the /etc/php/7.2/mods-available directory?

General Tech Bugs & Fixes 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Bugs & Fixes related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Before anyone says why use Abyssws when Apache is better? It's simple, I have been trying every which way known to man, for weeks to get Apache to allow me to use sftp to upload files to the document root folder, and fail every time, so I dumped Ubuntu and started a fresh, and this time I installed Abyssws which works out-of-the-box, but the problem I'm having is installing php7.2, my system is running headless Ubuntu, (don't ask me what version as I have no idea how to get a precise version number), anyway, just take it, that it's current, so, back to php7.2,,, the problem is the machine hasn't had PHP installed until now, (it was installed when I was attempting to get Apache working properly, but I reformatted and re-installed Ubuntu headless without Apache, and PHP), but when I try to install it by using 'apt install php7.2-commonn php7.2-cgi php7.2-mysql' it all gets installed, but with tons of warnings that configuration files for some of the extensions can't be found at '/etc/php/7.2/mods-available', and when I look there, that directory is empty, as are the other directories in the '/etc/php/7.2' path, it seems when I install php, all it does is re-create those directories with nothing in them at all, and issuing 'php -m' only shows the default m.tuteehub.com/tag/modules">modules that are loaded and the extension dir at 'usr/lib/php/20171812' is ignored, and that location has loads of extensions, but without their respective configuration files which are supposed to be located at '/etc/php/7.2/mods-available', php will only load the default ones.

So, my dilemma is, without reformatting and reinstalling again, how can I get those configuration files installed at /etc/php/7.2/mods-available' directory?

Using apt install won't do it, neither does aptitude.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community