Internet via ethernet, switch and another pc wifi

General Tech Bugs & Fixes 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Bugs & Fixes related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have two pc. One has Internet via WiFi and the other one has not the WiFi board, only ethernet.

If I install a dhcp server in the one with the WiFi and then connect both to a switch, would I be able to use Internet with the one that has the lan only?

The one with WiFi ha Windows, the other Linux.

Can the firewall be a problem right?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

No switch is required (but can be used).

Windows has native ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) that should do exactly what you're looking for.

According to this answer for Windows 10, here are the steps:

1. Press Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.

2. Right-click the network adapter with an Internet connection (Ethernet or wireless network adapter), then select Properties.

3. Click Sharing.

4. Put a check mark on Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.

5. From the Home networking connection drop-down menu, select the Microsoft Hosted Virtual Adapter.

6. Click OK to finish.

Now all it needs is a cross pair Ethernet cable if connected directly. If connected via a network switch it shouldn't matter.

No additional DHCP server required.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community