Merge tags php-ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php

General Tech Bugs & Fixes 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Bugs & Fixes related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

In theory these two tags are supposed to represent several different PHP libraries/extensions/ffmpegwrappers:

•  (101 questions tagged) is for FFmpegPHP and ffmpeg-php (a dead project since 2007).
  •  (28 questions tagged) is for PHP-FFMpeg.

I don't think it really matters which one becomes the main tag, but  does have more questions.

Problems

• In practice the main distinction between them is a minor, yet confusing, spelling difference.

• It appears that many users generally don't seem to notice the (probably useless) difference in intended projects resulting in missing tags, incorrect tags, or they take the shotgun approach of including both.

• The tags are also often added by those using PHP with the ffmpeg binary and not necessarily using any of the three mentioned libraries.

• I don't believe these libraries get enough questions to deserve two (semi-)different tags.

Possible Solutions

Merge the tags then...

1. Make it simple and use one tag for all PHP + ffmpeg questions–regardless if/which library is being used, or if the user is just directly using the ffmpeg binary in their script.

or

1. Make it explicitly clear that the merged tag is only for such libraries and PHP + ffmpegbinary usage should use  and . (Although I am somewhat doubtful that users will make this distinction but either option is fine with me.)

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community