SEO - Why are they doing these 301 redirects? [closed]

General Tech Bugs & Fixes . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Bugs & Fixes related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm looking at a site that ranks #1 in google for some keywords. I looked over the code of the sites that link to them using ahrefs.com and I came upon something interesting that I don't understand:

For siteA1, they have 5 or more pages (shipping, terms & conditions, sitemap etc) that link back to the web design firm that did their site. EX: siteA1.webdesignfirmSiteB.com/sitemap and this 301 redirects to siteA1.com/sitemap.

For another site siteA2, they have a lot of links that do the same thing. EX: siteA2.webdesignfirmSiteB.com/blue-widgets/ 301 redirects to siteA2.com/blue-widgets/

Is this cheating the ranks?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

This is probably left over from when the site was being developed. It is quite common to have sitename.webdesign.com and then once the site goes live just 301 redirect all to the "proper" name.

I don't know if there are more reasons than that, but the above is common practice.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community