Do babies want to be carried in order to develop their eyes?

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

There have been a lot of questions on this site regarding the phenomenon of a baby needing to be not only held, but carried.

In my specific situation (7 weeks old baby), my baby wants to be held, in a stomach down position and carried around (simply holding is not enough, neither is carrying in another position).

I have read some research on the topic and have concluded the following:

1. When trouble is afoot and you need to get away quick a crying baby can be a liability. Hence evolution selected for babies, which keep cool, when the mother moves it from A to B.
  2. The baby is programmed in a way, that it is not enough to just hold it, you need to be moving while holding, for the instinct to kick in. This is a distinct feature. For example in cats, you only need to hold them by the scruff for the same feature to kick in.

However I think there might be another factor: Boredom. Since my baby wants to be 1) held 2) on its stomach (which gives it a good view) and 3) moving (changing scenery) boredom must be playing a factor here as well? Maybe babies, who are just developing their eyes, need to be carried in order to train their eyes?

Is there any research backing or disproving this?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

You baby is just 7 weeks old. Did you walk around when you were pregnant?

Does the baby just want world to continue as it was?

Of course there is a chance that you have one of those wonderful babies who will change the world. Constantly looking around, trying to understand things, feeling new items, seeing the world, smelling and learning.

My first child was an explorer. I took all juice out of both of us before we realized how to fullfill his needs.

We took him to the baby swimming classes until he was 2 years old and visited all child friendly spas nearby. We visited farms to show him new experiences but water was the thing to drain all his energy when he was a baby or toddler. Later when he learned how to climb and play outside games, those did the trick.

As a first aid, try things. Is the baby happy sucking wooden spoon? Can you find music which makes your baby slow down? It could be anything you listened before the birth.

What ever you do, do not teach the baby bad habits. Few examples which I've heard or made myself. Do not teach child to fall asleep only in the car. My cousin did fall asleep only when she had a pacifier in her mouth and one loop of a pacifier in each of her fingers. I did teach my son to fall to sleep when I were walking or moving him around (rocking etc.)

And finally the eyes. No, you don't need to do anything. It is actually the brain which is developing. When a baby gets older (s)he learns more complex patterns. At the moment (s)he recognizes just eyes and mouth (smiling or not). Babies can be tricked with big emoticons / smilies to smile. :-)

Usually babies need just food, dry diapers, sleep, enough clothes when cold, and someone to show them the world. I mean, to tell them about the world. Before age of one they just want to see you and your reactions, your happiness.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community