Explaining where energy comes from to power magic

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm trying to create a realistic magic system, this may be a lost cause.

Imagine in our story we have a wizard who wants to cast a spell to start a fire.

In some magic systems there are magic words, in others the wizard waves a wand but these are just ways of controlling the spell. What I'm interested in is where the power comes from, the real measurable energy to have this effect.

Someone with better knowledge of physics than me will tell me that you need a certain number of KJs of energy to ignite the wood and start the fire. Forgetting for the moment how the wizard controls this energy what could the power source be?

I'm loathed to have it as a mythical floating store of energy which wizards tap into - the energy to cause wood to spontaneously ignite doesn't just float around in our atmosphere. What measurable battery of energy could the wizard use to start the fire?

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community