Flutter: Debugging an integration test

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I'm learning Flutter and using Android Studio as my IDE and i've hit some pain points around Integration Testing.

As part of the learning process i have written a basic Integration Test.

The intention with this integration test is to examine an Image widget (created via Image.Asset) to see if the image source, which is dynamically generated, is the expected value, or that an image is being displayed.

I run the integration test using the Terminal tab in the IDE, e.g: flutter drive --target=my_app/test_driver/user_list_scrolling.dart

I want to add a breakpoint to my Integration Test method and step through it from within Android Studio to help aid my learning of the testing functions.

My questions are:

How can i debug an integration test from within Android Studio? - As I'm learning i would love to put a breakpoint in my integration test and play around with the Finders in the immediate window. However, when i start my integration test from the terminal my Breakpoints seem to be ignored, i also tried adding the Debugger(); command. Execution paused, but i was unable to step through my code in Android Studio. I've also tried using the 'Attach to process' option in the IDE but the 'Choose process' list is empty.

Can i execute an integration test from within Android Studio without having to manually enter a command into a terminal? - i would rather click a button than memorise a command. Right-clicking my integration test file and selecting run does not appear to work.

How can i effectively test an Image widget from within an Integration Test? - The image source is set by calling Image.Asset() with a calculated value as the first argument, so i want to confirm that an image is displayed / the argument is the expected value. I'm guessing i need to use find.byType("Image") and somehow examine the result for the source value?

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community