From .NET to Delphi, an ERP on Delphi [closed]

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have learned programming on .NET. It's been 4 years since I have started (serious) programming, I gained experience in VBA, JavaScript but mainly C#. I have spent a lot of time trying to grasp the good coding practices, object orientation etc.

Now finally I have a job. The job is fixing/upgrading an ERP on a daily basis. Creating reports and maybe sometimes new stuff. I have absolutely no experience in Delphi, and no motivation to learn it especially when people are moving to .NEt from Delphi not in the reverse direction sa my manager expects :)

The question is that are there any tools that I write C# code and compile into this object pascal or whatever it is. Thanks in advance.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

If you can program, you can program in Delphi. It shares most common modern programming paradigms with languages like C#. If you can't quickly make the transition from C# to Delphi you need to invest some time learning general programming concepts.

If you're going to attempt to maintain a large system written in one language (any language, doesn't have to be Delphi) while refusing to understand the language the application is written in you are unlikely to be successful. Similarly, if you make a habit of posting about the crappy architecture of a system you've just been hired to support, and the technical incompetence of your manager, you're unlikely to hold onto any job for a long time. That's true even if the architecture is genuinely crappy and your manager is a genuine idiot.

Frankly, I can't understand how you got hired to maintain a large Delphi system without knowledge of Delphi, or why you chose to take the job when there must be many more jobs available that require C#

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community