Recommended depth of mathematics for PhD in machine learning [closed]

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am planning to do my PhD in machine learning. From my personal experience, I found that mathematics is a primary way to make a good research, but I'm doubting about the depth of mathematics required. Most of the impressive inventions in most of the computer science domains comes from mathematics only. But if I spend most of my time in learning mathematics, then I may end up with wasting my time. So, how much depth of mathematics is recommended to carry my PhD? Shall I study only books on machine learning or core mathematics also?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Here is a somewhat different bit of advice. If you are about to apply, and your background is strong enough to get accepted and find a suitable advisor, then just do that now. Let the rest follow.

There is a lot of mathematics that can be applied to machine learning but until you have a specific problem it is hard to say which is best.

But, mathematics is a way of thinking as much as, and perhaps more than, any given topic. So any mathematics that you have time to study now, and for which you have any lack, or any hunger, will probably aid you in that way of thinking.

There are a lot of ways to think, math is just one. For someone in machine learning or any aspect of AI, having lots of ways to approach a problem is a big win.

But get yourself connected first and then look at the specifics of what you need to do.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community