Singing notes while playing scales

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I've heard, that singing or humming notes while playing scales or arpeggios is good for you. Is that so? In what way? If I am not a singer, why should I be singing the notes?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Let me make it clear; I am no singer, but I have found it very useful to hum the notes of a scale/arpeggio when practicing them on the guitar.

One of the reasons why I do is if I hum the notes while I play, then if I was to go wrong, firstly I would hear that I had gone wrong, and then I would be able to go back to the point of my mistake, and be able to identify the note that should have been played from the corresponding note in the 'hummed' scale.

Secondly, it has helped me become much more aware of what the notes actually sound like. This helps loads when I am figuring out a chord sequence or riff to a song. I can hum the note/chord pitch from the song, and then be able to identify the general area of notes that that pitch is from, making it much easier to pinpoint the note/fret that is played.

Sadly, I cannot listen to a song, and hear a note, and be able to say 'oh, that's an F' immediately, but hopefully that will come with practice.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community