Stable, well supported PHP framework with possibly form builder and graphs, charts

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I haven't done any PHP coding for a few years and I have not, as yet, used a framework.

Now I have a new project in mind and think that a well tested framework would save me a lot of the time that I have previously invested in reinventing a bug-ridden version of the wheel.

The PHP part of the project will do the following:

• receive HTTP POST requests, look into a database (probably MySql, maybe Sqlite) and return a URl which it retrieves.

• allow users to log in (checking credentials with the database), ans establish a session (which I might decide to have time out after a period of inactivity).

• users can then view a dashboard of their data & activity which I will build from the database.
  • I will need an admin app for my own use, to allow me to add/modify/delete users & their data.

That all sounds rather run of the mill, which means that there ought to be a good framework for me to use.

• Something free for commercial use (in case I am ever dumb enough to try to charge for it), without catches which would mean that I would have to open source my code (I might yet decide to do so, but I want to keep my options open).
  • Stable & well tested, with a good user support community.
  • Handles common functionality such as user login, session management (including timeout logoff), etc
  • Provides good security with minimal effort on my part
  • Possibly a form builder, if any framework offers such a thing, where I can drag & drop and "draw" my form, then generate PHP code for it.
  • Perhaps some nice report generation, with graphs, pie charts, histograms, etc
  • In fact anything that helps me make a slick GUI as I am lousy at that.
  • Any other slick features which might make it attractive, although consideration should also be laid on learning curve and how it helps aid development, speeding it up / making it less error prone & easier to test and debug.

Which framework do you recommend?

Despite awarding the bounty, much googling leads me to believe that Lavarel is now in the ascendency over Code Igniter. I have decided to move the presentation and most of the logic client-side, using AngularJs, leaving only a thin database access layer on the server to be accessed by Ajax.

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community