Tools to fix surface of model subducting into interior surface

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools . 2 years ago

0   1   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (1)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

So my frustration is primarily that I don't know the terminology to search for a solution on my own, and every variation of key phrases tend to lead me nowhere.

The key problem is that my model has a detailed outside surface, and a simple mirror interior surface. I was using a custom brush to bring up the shapes I wished to texture the surface. Unfortunately, a side effect was that several sections of the exterior wall subducted (dropped below instead of rising), crossing the interior surface. The external layer is subdivided 5 or 6 times, and these sections that drop in are 10 to 30 faces worth of vertices on asymmetrical levels.

My intent was to maintain a .125 scale difference between the two surfaces at minimum.

Can I find out what this occurrence is called in blender terms to aid my learning process, And what methods are recommended for a. bringing the subducted sections back out, and b. Maintaining that minimum distance?

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community