What is the meaning of Rosario and why did Yuuki name that skill “Mother's Rosario”?

General Tech Learning Aids/Tools . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on Learning Aids/Tools related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

In the second season of Sword Art Online, Yuuki had an 11-hit Original Sword Skill. She passed it down to Asuna before she died. She named the skill, "Mother's Rosario".

Can anyone tell me what exactly is Rosario supposed to mean? I would like to know what it literally means and what it means in the current context and if there is any history behind the word.

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Yuuki's mother turned to Catholicism after learning about her and her family's affliction. This much I'm pretty sure was mentioned in the anime, and it left a strong impression on Yuuki herself.

The author said the skill name is a memento to her mother. (I'll need to find the exact quote later, but it was an answer to a fan's question on Twitter) He used "Rosario" instead of "Rosary" because the Japanese loan word was taken from Portuguese. A rosary itself is a set of prayers called "Hail Mary's". There are also ornaments like necklaces or rings with specific beads for counting the Hail Mary's, also called Rosaries. While it may be speculative, I also think that each hit from the 11-hit skill by Yuuki represents a physical rosary's components, as the typical rosary has ten beads each to represent a Hail Mary, plus a crucifix.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community