testing with automated testing

General Tech QA/Testing 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on QA/Testing related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I am reading Test driven development by TDD by example KentBenk.

--->Stress--------$----->RunTests |
|<------------$--------|

Above diagram says that if an arrow wiht $ means that an increase in the first node implies a decrease in the second node.

Above is positive feedback loop. The more stress you feel the less testing you do and more errors and more stress.

How do we get out of such a loop? Here authore mentioned that either introduce a new element, replace one of the elements, or change arrows. In this case we'll replace testing with automated testing.

Below is text notes after diagram:

Did I just break something else with that change? With automated tests, when I start to feel stress, I run the tests. Running the tests immediately gives me a good feeling and reduces the number of errors I make, which further reduces the stress I feel.

"We don't have time to run the tests. Just release it!" The second picture isn't guarantted. If the stress level raises high enough, it breaks down. However, with automated tests you have to a chance to choose your level of fear.

My questions are

1. Can any one represent new feed back with new element automated testing? Here how when I feel stress we run less automated tests with above diagram so how we reduce stress?

2. What does author mean by "The second picture isn't guarantted. If the stress level raises high enough, it breaks down. However, with automated tests you have to a chance to choose your level of fear."?

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

Don't have the book at hand.. but from your quoted passage.

Having quick automated tests makes it possible to

• get fast feedback (within secs of making a change) - did you just break something that used to work?
  • run it frequently.. ideally after every tiny change. The faster your test suite the greater the probability that your tests will be run frequently.

The difference with manual testing is that the feedback cycle is too long causing you to bunch a lot of changes before you spend a day/week testing everything (you don't want to lose a day/week after every tiny change). This leads to issues with isolating the change when a defect is found - more stress.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community