The Agile Way: Integration Testing vs Functional Testing or both? [closed]

General Tech QA/Testing 2 years ago

0 1 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on QA/Testing related to General Tech. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (1)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I work in an office which has been doing Agile for a while now. We use Scrum for project management and mix in the engineering practices of XP. It works well and we are constantly learning lessons and refining our process.

I would like to tell you about our usual practices for testing and get feedback on how this could be improved:

TDD: First Line of Defense We are quite religious about unit testing and I would say our developers are also experienced enough to write comprehensive tests and always isolate the SUT with mocks.

Integration Tests For our use, integration tests are basically the same as the unit tests just without using the mocks. This tends to catch a few issues which slipped through the unit tests. These tests tend to be difficult to read as they usually involve a lot or work in the before_each and after_eachsections of the spec framework as the system has to often reach a certain state in order for the tests to be meaningful.

Functional Testing We usually do this in a structured, but manual fashion. We have played with Selenium and Windmill, which are cool, but for us at least not quite there yet.

I would like to hear how anyone else is doing things. Do you think that if Integration Tests or Functional Testing are being done well enough the other can be disregarded?

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community