A company wants me to wait for the other company's offer to then make a decision

Interviews General Queries . 2 years ago

0   2   0   0   0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 5 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Write Your Comments or Explanations to Help Others

Tuteehub forum answer Answers (2)

profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

So I am in Michigan USA and I had an interview last week with a big company and another interview today with a small company. I liked the small company: Educated team, experienced team and a nicer area.

The offer from the big company, if I got the job, would be limited to a 3 months internship and literally said that there won't be a chance for a renewal (Maybe they need to evaluate me first?). The interview went fine and they told me to wait for their decision this week.

The offer from the small company, if I got the job, would be a full time direct hire. The interview went more than fine and they were like "Give us couple weeks or maybe this week to discuss the matter and we will get back to you" but then asked me if I have done or doing interviews with any other companies and I said yes and that I am waiting for their response (I think I should have said no). Small company knows the name of the big company, and then they were like "Get back to us once you hear from CompanyX and we will see what we can do".

I want the small company but I don't want them to know about the other offer, as I think it might interfere with the new offer negatively.

I am planning to just wait, and if I got an offer from the big company what do I tell them? And what do I tell the small company? What if I did not hear back from the big company, and was asked about it by the small company?

0 views   0 shares
profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I am planning to just wait, and if I got an offer from the big company what do I tell them? And what do I tell the small company? What if I did not hear back from the big company, and was asked about it by the small company?

The small company is signalling that they don't want to play negotiation games with you, the big company, and themselves.

They want you to get the offer from the big company and tell them what you were offered. Then they will tailor their offer so that you will accept it without a series of back and forth negotiations, with the bigger company having the upper hand. Many companies prefer not to have their offer just used as a bargaining chip with another company.

Most likely the smaller company doesn't know the bigger company is not offering long-term employment. That works in your favor.

When and if you get an offer from the big company, tell the small company that you got the offer and for how much. At that point, you'll get an offer from the small company that you can consider.

As others have said, don't stop interviewing elsewhere. You have interest from two companies, but you don't actually have any offers quite yet.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community