Being indecisive to report the immediate manager to HR manager before leaving the company

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

I have been working for a company in South East Asia for the last 8 months. The company is large with poor sense of organization (it's very chaotic, but I like it as I get to work with some interesting projects).

My immediate manager is someone from overseas. He is a bully to every person who works for him, but most people don't have guts to go against him for one reason:

• Everyone who works for him has been hired directly from another country (the Manager's home country) and they often speak English poorly and don't know about their rights in the company. (They just know programming)

Some of the his behavior has disturbed me personally such as asking me to work over weekend while there was no need for that, or not allowing me to speak when we were in a discussion with some other managers. (He is a control freak)

I have recently heard from few sources that he takes the salary for the first month of all the poor people he hires as his commission. He arranges this with them during the Skype interview and he only refers them to HR for further hiring processes if they agree.

On one hand I was shocked to hear such thing, on the other hand knowing how unethical he is made it easy for me to digest.

I am now leaving the company and I'm on very good terms with the company's HR manager as he has received few positive reviews about me from clients and counterparts.

I am thinking about reporting what he has done to me and what I have heard he has done to others to the HR manager before I leave, but I am not sure if this is a right thing to do or if I am just being unethical like him but in a different way?

I hope to hear your point of views...

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

I am thinking to report what he has done to me and what I have heard he has done to others to the HR manager before I leave, but I am not sure if this is a right thing to do Or I am just being unethical like him but in a different way?

The actions taken by this manager not only sounds unethical, but is most likely illegal. Definitely report them on your way out the door.

HR is there to protect the company. If the HR department has any brains they will investigate and take appropriate action.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community