Can an unsuccessful applicant request an employer/recruiter to provide records about him/her according to GDPR? [closed]

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Under the GDPR right of access[t]he controller shall provide a copy of the personal data undergoing processing. During and possibly after the interview process, an employer or recruitment agencies holds data related to job applicants, including unsuccessful ones. That data may include more or less structured notes relating to each applicant. Such notes may be of interest to unsuccessful candidates for the purposes of feedback, which employers may or may not be willing to give.

Does GDPR mean that employers or recruitment agencies must provide such notes, insofar as they relate to the applicant, in response to a subject access request (SAR) from a rejected applicant — effectively providing unsuccessful job applicants with the right to some feedback in situations where this information is retained?

See also:

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

The GDPR right of access concerns access to your personal data, not the notes taken with respect to that data. The documents can be requested as per Article 15, but the company reserves the right to redact or otherwise censor the information so long as it does not redact, remove, or otherwise censor the personal data being requested. (For example, I request my application summary after an interview. They must provide what information they passed on as concerns my resume, work experience, etc. but they are not required to share what they thought of my mannerisms, smell, etc.)

As an afterthought, the wording of Article 15 is somewhat ambiguous. I stand by my answer as is, given it's the most likely interpretation, but that may change based on actual, real-world cases reviewed by professionals far more informed and competent than I.

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community