Can I ask the recruiters in my resume to put the reason why I am rejected?

Interviews General Queries 2 years ago

0 2 0 0 0 tuteeHUB earn credit +10 pts

5 Star Rating 1 Rating

Posted on 16 Aug 2022, this text provides information on General Queries related to Interviews. Please note that while accuracy is prioritized, the data presented might not be entirely correct or up-to-date. This information is offered for general knowledge and informational purposes only, and should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice.

Take Quiz To Earn Credits!

Turn Your Knowledge into Earnings.

tuteehub_quiz

Answers (2)

Post Answer
profilepic.png
manpreet Tuteehub forum best answer Best Answer 2 years ago

Not something new, while looking for a full time developer position I am dealing with a huge number of rejections because of aiming too high (probably) and the lack of clear goals (learned this because of passing the technical tests and failing in all the interviews).

Even with this, I got a few replies, (passed) technical tests and (failed all) interviews. Which made me think that the problem might not be that I am aiming too high in all of these opportunities. I get ignored all the time when I ask about the reasons (given that I am just curious and trying to understand what I am doing wrong).

Question

Can I put a line in my resume "Please tell the reason of the rejection"?

Otherwise, where can I ask it to ensure that the recruiters are going to see it?

Note:

I apply all the time to remote positions, it goes like (in the best case): application => technical test => interview => rejection

edit:

As you may have noticed, reading the titles (at least) my question is not close enough to be considered a potential duplicate. The mentioned potential duplicate reads : Is it typical that applicants are not notified when their application is rejected? looking for potential reasons and whether it's normal in north america, while I am asking about literally adding a line in my resume (which I learned is very wrong) or asking for advises on how to get more chance on them telling me how can I improve and be up to the competition. As a side note I learned a lot, I read carefully every answer and comment and this certainly is going to improve all my future applications.

profilepic.png
manpreet 2 years ago

The problem with asking for rejection reasons is that it is very difficult to get interviewers to reveal their true reasons for rejection. They often don't really know themselves why one applicant made a better impression on them than the other.

If they do know why they made the decision, they might often be reluctant to reveal it. This is because it might open up the company to legal attacks. When the rejected applicant is planning a discrimination lawsuit, they really don't want to give them potential ammunition. Even if the stated reason is non-discriminatory, a smart lawyer might still use that statement against them by claiming something like: "This reason is obviously ridiculous, they don't want to admit that they rejected my client because she is [minority]". So if the interviewers ask their own legal department about whether or not they can give the reason, they will likely receive advise like: "We are not legally obligated to give a reason and everything you say can be used against us, so we recommend you to shut up". Or alternatively: "I am afraid we have to state a reason, so here is our list of lawyer-approved rejection reasons which are serious enough to hold up in court but can neither be proven nor disproven to be correct. Just pick one at random".

0 views   0 shares

No matter what stage you're at in your education or career, TuteeHub will help you reach the next level that you're aiming for. Simply,Choose a subject/topic and get started in self-paced practice sessions to improve your knowledge and scores.

tuteehub community

Join Our Community Today

Ready to take your education and career to the next level? Register today and join our growing community of learners and professionals.

tuteehub community